Sunday, January 10, 2016

Euphoria Found in Silliness

I have five different stages when laughing.
1. The Movie Star Chuckle
2. The Uncontrollable Giggle
3. The Congested Elephant
4. The "I'm not crying, there is just something in my eye" Catastrophe
5. Total Loss of All Muscle Control and Perception of Surroundings

*sidenote* If you ever see me in a stage five giggling fit, run as fast as you can, change your name, and leave the country. I will not be held responsible for any injuries or mental scarring. 

Honestly, laughing is one of my favorite things to do. Sometimes I get into one of those oh-my-goodness-everything-you-say-is-freaking-hilarious moods, and wish I could always feel that way. 

And then BAM! EPIPHANY! I realized that I could! I just need to be brave enough to embrace my inner weirdo! 

I am one of the craziest people, (It's not a lie) but being myself in front of others has always been hard for me. Just as I begin to feel comfortable around someone, I remind myself not to let the facade slip, and pretend like I am just a little bit normal. It's stupid, I know. Thats why I am getting rid of it.

And you should too. 

Why, you may ask? Well, its because your personality is amazing. (Lets face it, everything about you is amazing). So, why not let it shine through? There will always be people who ridicule you, that is a fact. But don't let their stupidity get in the way of your happiness. 

Embrace your silliness. I promise it's worth it.




1 comment: