Sunday, November 1, 2015

Climbing Trees and Epiphanies.

Ever since I was little, I loved climbing trees. It gave me a sense of euphoric happiness and a rush of adrenaline as I reached the top. Each branch seemed like an adventure waiting to happen, and let me tell you, I was all about adventure.

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to experience these feelings all over again. The knotty texture of the wood pushed into the smooth parts of my hands, the leaves rustled in my face, and the tips of my fingers grew cold as I did something I hadn't for a really long time.

Long story short, I sat in the Linden tree in my backyard for a good hour and a half.

Each branch wrapped me in its sturdy embrace, providing just enough comfort that I wanted to stay longer. It was while the tree held me that I realized something about myself.

I just want to have a completely passionate, silly, and adventurous life. So I will.

I will climb trees.
I will throw snowballs.
I will run barefoot through grass.
I will pretend.
I will splash through puddles.
I will laugh
...and laugh
...and laugh.
But also I will love
and cherish
and hope
and dream.
Because that is what I want my life to be about.


Happiness.





3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Thank you for the reminder to enjoy and fully embrace the simple things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My motto have fun and learn lots. I think splashing though puddles is a splendid plan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My motto have fun and learn lots. I think splashing though puddles is a splendid plan!

    ReplyDelete